Amen Clinics are outpatient health care clinics that have been providing mental wellness strategies to patients of all ages since 1989. We offer patient-first experiences and customized solutions to an array of behavioral and psychiatric conditions. This is an exciting and unique professional opportunity.
As a key member of the Amen Clinics leadership team, the Director, Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the overall strategic development, management, maintenance and execution of IT infrastructure for Amen Enterprises. The Director, IT leads a team of System Administrator(s), IT Specialists, Database Administrator(s), and Nuclear Medicine Administrator(s) while managing the organization’s technology operations and overseeing the day-to-day aspects of a complex and multifaceted business. The Director, IT is able to utilize their business acumen and experience, in addition to their solid technical background, to create and implement strong practices, policies and systems that meet organization objectives. The Director, IT ensures the company’s ability to scale the business while also aligning policies, processes, and controls to detect vulnerabilities, mitigate security threats and minimize overall risk. The Director, IT determines the overall IT strategy to ensures IT systems and people are effective and functioning and is able to meet the goals and objectives of the company within the given resources and budget.
• Develop the IT strategy to support short, medium and long-term business mission and core objectives.
• Create a measurable plan to maintain the IT infrastructure for scale to proactively stay ahead of company growth.
• Manage the performance, availability and optimization of IT systems through establishing a standard cadence of monitoring, maintenance & reporting.
• Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the function and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
• Develop & manage the IT infrastructure expense & capex budget.
• Manage the research, recommendation and selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies.
• Provide regular project status updates on schedule, budget, and deliverables.
• Ensure the security and privacy of operational processes and IT systems to protect information and IP related assets.
• Run internal and external security audits on an as needed basis.
• Develop and maintain Information Security and compliance programs.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve effective IT policies, procedures and standards.
• Negotiate service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
• Analyze network and recommend upgrades/changes; assesses organization’s current and future network needs.
• Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities; attend workshops to keep up to date with Information Technology issues.
• Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all IT staff.
• Direct and prioritize the workload of IT personnel.
• Develop & manage IT related education programs.
• Represents the IT function at periodic operations meetings when appropriate.
• Analyze and address complex business needs presented by the customer and/or internal users and recommends technical solutions.
• Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing and future applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Direct experience in building and developing network operations and in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds client/user expectations.
• Familiarity with working with an automated software deployment pipeline, using current market technologies.
• Produce detailed time line for each application or application update release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
• Review all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
• Assess, evaluate and incorporate business requirements prior to implementation of technical solutions.
• Participate on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
• Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of system design, modifications or trouble shooting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 8-12 years of experience in progressively responsible IT leadership/management positions
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Certification in Microsoft MCSA and/or MCSE preferred
• Security and Network Certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Network Protocols, Operating Systems, Server Administration, Storage, etc.
• Strong technical knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Web Development and Cloud Infrastructure
• Knowledge of Dell SonicWall, ShoreTel Phone Systems, Windows Server, Windows 10, Apple OS, Unix, Office 365
• Knowledge of the evolution of current technologies, products and best practices used in the industry
• Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems; BestNotes knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH regulations
• Knowledge of administration and general business practices
• Strong leadership skills with experience building, growing and motivating teams
• Strong change management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal/written communication and listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills and telephone communication
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
• Ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks and meet financial and management goals
• Ability to monitor and recognize changes or advancements in technology to drive efficient scale and a competitive advantage
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent sitting for long periods of time
• Frequent typing and viewing of computer screen
• Frequent use of hand and fingers with machines, such as computer, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone
• Frequent hearing, listening and speaking by telephone and in person
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop or bend
• Occasionally required to lift objects up to 15lbs. with ability to lift multiple times per day